Covid Code of Conduct
- Guides will ensure they are familiar with the most up-to-date public health guidelines and will adhere to these for the duration of the tour and will maintain government-recommended social distancing between themselves and clients at all times. On tours where the group includes different households, guides will encourage and help clients to adopt appropriate social distancing between each other too.
- When guiding groups from different households, guides will follow government guidance to determine the maximum possible group size which will definitely be no more than 8 and on some tours less than this.
- Guides will implement social distancing in the welcome gathering area and at the tour conclusion
- Guides will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with clients.
- Guides will apply rigorous hygiene practices, including thoroughly cleaning and waiting for hands to dry before guiding, and use a personal hand sanitiser when this is not possible.
- If requested, guides will consider wearing a mask or visor.
- Badged guides will know where public toilets/hand-washing facilities/hand sanitiser points are available.
- Remote audio devices will be used for groups larger than two and these will be sanitised where possible and not reissued for 48hours. Customers use their own plug in headphones or purchase a set for £1
- Our Guides are experts in the tourist sites they visit with clients and are fully aware of sites' specific Covid-19 requirements and comply with them.
- Guides know the town and will be familiar with more crowded areas and will make best efforts to negotiate them, or if
appropriate, avoid them.
Free loan of high specification commentary receiver All of our town tours loan personal receivers that enable the use of your own headphones or you can purchase disposable earpieces from us. This enables Social Distancing or simply to hang back to take a photo whilst still not missing any information.